Thursday 5 September 2013

MEMOIRS OF A KEPT WOMAN

Your words used to mean the world
Now they don't have the hold on me
It's like raindrops sliding down my windowpane
Was the shoes that she wore
Or the color of her eyes
Cause I know you could do better

Why did you bother to lie
Trying to cover those marks
It's funny cause looking back I should have



In a previous life I used to be her
Styling my hair hoping that you weren't far
For all the nights I used to be treated like the Queen
All I can tell you is I don't regret a thing
Letting go was the best I ever did

You used to be perfect
Oh well that's all in my head back then when I saw you
Now your totally human
And I wouldn't spare a second glance
Because I know that your just
A shell of a man....

It's like the spirit of freedom
Finally found my heart
And vanquished this dome
Carrying me home

No comments:

Post a Comment