Monday 30 June 2014

The Appointment

You taught me most of everything
I thought i really knew the world
Seeing it glimmer through your eyes
But the most important lesson you showed me
Was to turn and ruin the mind of almost anyone
Just one touch the you decide


Was this something I wanted,
Something I needed or craved
Perhaps it wasn't  more like an uninvited guest staying permanently in your soul
I learnt to live with it
Hoping it wouldn't consume me
Afraid to move on or up
For the knowledge and wavering destruction that was sure to follow


You watched me closely
Urged me to break,
Enticed and blinded me till I was at the brink
Just waiting to fall
Into nothingness but pure hatred and evil
But as my eyes closed and i waited
Nothing happened


Minutes turned into days which turned into years
Still nothing
When I opened my eyes I realized you weren't there
anymore,
I was back, Back to my old self
What ever that was, back to me

I sit upright and turn
The door opens and you walk in with a sickly odd smile
I feel the same old creeping fear clench my heart as you move near
Because I knew with one word I would be no more
As i shook my head in disbelief
You were back here for me


Words pour our of your mouth as
You welcome me home
And awaken me from slumber
As i walk through the blue corridors
I ask 'Am I awake or in slumber?'
You turn and say 'we can't be late again the doctor awaits'
As the black door opens around me

.................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment