Tuesday 5 November 2013

HANGOVER FROM LOVE

It started with you
Smiling, always looking
Constantly being there
Branded my Hero
by all close to me
It felt like you were closer
Than my own shadow
Near than my heart
Knowing my every thought
and motion just before I acted

I wonder if I should
Love or fear
Everything involving you and me
I'm not as strong as I look
Or as frightened as I act
Constantly on the run
You call it thrill, I know its danger
With Sirens blaring, guns cocking,
Hands brushing, heads spinning
Emotions just out of control
Need to breathe and slow down
Compels us as I start to truly see you

Glancing at the portrait of the vineyard
The one where we met
Walked, Laughed and fell in love
But is this really everything it claims to be
I hate the shiver I get
When I feel you approaching
Not sure if it's excitement and thrill
Or Reject and Disdain

I try to pull out
But I'm dragged back within all the drama and lies
I feel trapped, abandoned and lost from all I've seen
Why don't you let me go
How can you suffocate what you took time to nourish and grow
I to feel alive and disgustingly free
To hold my head up high and just be


But the game is on still being played
And we both intend to win
So gloves off no feelings involved
I'll ghost my true self to survive
I noticed how you get surprised
Constantly by me and the glint in you eye shines
Whether its Love or Anger reflecting back
I decided not to care
The conclusion will have one victor
And for the record I intend to remain
Undefeated till the last breathe has been drawn





1 comment: