Thursday 7 November 2013

Come hither

Deception and disillusion
Is ultimately contagious
Trust me I know
I felt it, absorbed it
Welcomed it with the softest of touches
As it drew into my arms
Soon realizing that inevitable

Darkness and misery awaited me
I still stood unmoved, and more determined
Wanting, waiting and hoping
Why you may ask me
A straight answer you expect to receive
But Alas that you're in for the long haul

The siren and mythical echo
still rings around my milieu
There used to be a presence in this place
Now a photograph with no face
Replaces and shadows it
The powerful graving
Like a need ground from the depth
Of the Earth's core itself
Compelling, neigh demanding
To be heard

I feel i'm over all the fluttering
Yearnings as time passes
Feeling strong and independent I push on
All the baggage off my shoulders
But with just once look and smell
I'm drawn into this sick jest
Ready for ridicule
Like a simple single leaf in the midst of a Tornado
I'm weak, defenseless a nothing
Yet I feel there's always hope
You will leave soon
This emotion and feeling will disappear
As swift and mysteriously as it sprung up


So patience and cunning is both 
My  new and old wisest friends
Clocks ticking, Hands moving
Times most definitely almost up
A glimpse of a shiver running through you
Alerts me like the loudest sirens on earth
A wicked smile forms on my lips as I finally rise
And claim it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment