Thursday 14 November 2013

Planning Ahead



I always resisted letting LOVE
Into my heart and creeping into my mind
I refused to jump into that fountain of illusions,
Heartbreak, misguided lovers and dreams
Little did I know you were lurking, watching and ploting
As I declared my foolish endevours
and successes out loud
But then you breezed in
You saw me
You wanted me
Want changed into demand turned into obsession
Possession and misplaced feelings and thoughts
At no cost did you always get what you wanted
I proved a challenge and a foreseeable trophy
You took, destroyed and changed








Now time has moved on
I'm still the same but i couldn't say the same for you
As I walk away, I remember how you thought you won
You forgot and showed me a way out through weakness
So don't look so surprised when the lights blind you
As the story of your life and expectations is clear for all to see





I guess by now you must have realised that
In this fairy tale I'm the knight and there isn't a damsel on board
Try your luck else where because the dragons in the den are my family
And the war is always declared as a precaution
So you know I may not see it coming, be aware and naive sometimes
But I'm always prepared
Like an arch angel flying in the sky i was made for this
PBNC

No comments:

Post a Comment